About the Client
Our client is entertainment group that was established in 2009 and became the largest Central European betting operator. Originally a Czech firm, it has grown into a holding company over time, and it now also operates on the Slovak, Polish, Romanian and Croatian markets.
About the Role
Configuration Manager will be responsible for leading Gaming & Configuration team of R&D division and acting as a Product Owner of the technical solution. Configuration Manager will also be responsible for overall governance over configuration process in the division.
Gaming & Configuration team is an international Kanban team responsible for implementing configuration tasks primarily on pre-production environments with occasional production support. The team’s other responsibilities are test user creation, acceptance testing of deliveries from several vendors and creation and maintenance of a configuration methodology. Systems to be configured are primarily backend gaming systems handling running of Online casino games, authorization of users and management of their wallets and payment methods. There are also configuration tasks related to web and native app CMS systems (content display, localization, URLs setup etc.)
The main responsibilities are to:
· Managing a Kanban team of 5 configuration specialists
· Acting as a Product Owner of the technical solution of FEG Online Casino and a player management system
· Creation of Configuration plans
· Communication with stakeholders (product owners, project managers) and prioritization of work based on their input.
· Coordination of acceptance testing of deliveries of vendors and 3rd parties (online casino games, payment methods, reporting etc.) and arranging follow-up to identified issues
· Ownership and maintenance of a configuration methodology including set up of configuration-related KPIs and rules for other R&D teams
· Coordination of testing of online casino games and configuration changes
· Provide a test data creation service to other teams
· Identify options for automation and design and plan development of automated tests together with the R&D test automation team
· Handle all or some line management duties – approving leave, planning of trainings and individual development plans etc.
Drive process, technical, and operational improvements
· 4+ years proven experience with configuration of software systems
· 2+ years proven experience with managing teams
· Knowledge of Agile/Kanban methodologies
· Excellent English - written and spoken
· EU national or EU work permit holder
Nice to Have Skills
· Advanced Czech or Slovak - written and spoken
· Knowledge of sports betting and online casino – from user and/or backend perspective
· Experience with acceptance software testing
· Knowledge of gaming player management systems (e.g. IMS)