About the Client
Our client is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime.
About the Role
You will be responsible for an application which is part of our client's document processing platform, which is maintained by the Digital and Smart Analytics Solutions team. You will act as a linguistic expert and power-user of a market-leading linguistic rule-writing tool.
- Together with your colleagues, you will work on the development and curation of domain-specific ontologies and rule bases
- You will develop linguistic rules for the customised extraction of information or classification of documents.
- You consult the team and colleagues on how to build, maintain and use taxonomies over their life-cycle for our projects.
- You have a degree in computational linguistics, mathematics or related field and a deep understanding of language analysis (morphology, syntax, semantics)
- You have basic programming skills (preferably Python) to write data processing scripts to transform or extract knowledge from unstructured data, including hands-on experience with regular expressions.
- English - B2/C1
Nice to Have Skills