About the Client
Our client is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. The aim of the our client is to enable society to thrive and progress, creating new opportunities and solutions for its clients. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1863, the our client operates through a network of around 80 offices globally. It is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
About the Role
Do you want to contribute directly to successful business outcomes by driving digitalization forward in a secure way? Are you motivated to support IT colleagues in securely designing applications, platforms and infrastructure? Does assessing risks of complex applications resonate with you, and are you willing to consult them on suitable architectural patterns? This is what your role as a Cloud Security Architect in the Security Advisory Center of Expertise is all about.
Activities you´ll perform:
- Develop practical and versatile security requirements, architecture blueprints and processes.
- Help secure applications and solutions in public cloud environment.
- Support Cloud Architects in developing secure enterprise solutions on public cloud platforms; mainly Azure and Ali.
- Lead projects to advance technical and organisational cloud security competences and adopt new emerging Cloud security trends, e.g. by leading proofs of concepts.
- Review, advise on and approve security concepts for a variety of digital solutions from.
- Collaborate with IT infrastructure teams to develop the next generation IT architecture which serves company's needs while providing enterprise-level security.
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision makers inside teams.
Do you have hands-on experience in the areas of cyber security, security architecture? Are you comfortable with constant change and familiar with native security controls across multiple public cloud platforms, such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS or even Alibaba Cloud? Are you passionate about compound, multi-stakeholder security challenges?
Your skills comprise:
- Significant knowledge of major cybersecurity concepts, technologies, and standard methods, and willingness to dive into new areas.
- Deep expertise with several of the following cybersecurity areas: network security, application security, API security, container security, cloud infrastructure configuration, identity and access control, modern authentication and authorization protocols, endpoint security, mobile security, Microsoft workplace- and office products.
CISSP, CCSP, SANS GIAC or similar qualifications are a plus.
- Familiarity in the implementation of security standards in regulated environments.
- Ability to understand and contribute hands-on to long-term and operational cloud security.
- Solid grasp of existing application and service development, familiar with agile application development processes and the security challenges that come with it.
- Feeling comfortable with leading through sophisticated conversations across multiple partners in a consulting and mediating way.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, empathetic and solution-focused manner and to independently create appropriate documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; German is a plus.
Nice to Have Skills