About the Client
Our Client is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. The aim of the our client is to enable society to thrive and progress, creating new opportunities and solutions for its clients. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1863, our client operates through a network of around 80 offices globally. It is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
About the Role
In your role as Cloud Network Engineer, you would contribute to the following areas:
- Develop and maintain an extensive understanding of our client Cloud network environment.
- Develop, validate and update key engineering artifacts such as standards/best practices, design documents and decisions.
- Design and document solutions to meet requirements and that are easily scalable for the enterprise.
- Work closely with architects and engineering teams to understand emerging technologies and how they would benefit our client and its users.
- As senior technology leader work closely with networking associates to understand emerging network technologies and their application in the evolving Swiss RE network topology.
- Transforming, integrating, and automating network infrastructure to tightly integrate with SDN (Software Defined Networking).
- Develop automation for network related changes/deployment.
- Monitor and troubleshoot network related issues with support from external providers.
- Participate in network health diagnostics and optimization via proper monitoring and capacity planning.
- Assist with the definition and tracking of key performance metrics.
- Experienced Senior Cloud Network Engineer to work on innovative, enterprise level Azure/AWS/Alibaba cloud network design and integration topics.
- Integration and implementation of Public Cloud networking/security solutions to support Swiss Re's evolving cloud landscape.
- Candidate will be responsible for the design, engineering and implementation of Public Cloud networking infrastructure and integrations aspects between Public Cloud and On-premise.
- Candidate will work with external providers who will provide the create/develop/refine ops model.
- Candidate is expected to work on aggressive timelines engaging with application teams and other teams to troubleshoot highly secure and complex network environments.
- Candidate is also expected to perform development activities to provide reliable and scalable automation from a deployment point of view.
- Candidate should be able to multitask and work in an agile environment.
- Senior level collaboration with multiple teams including but not limited to application, security and infrastructure teams.
- Knowledge on Public Cloud networking concepts, firewalls, network security is a must.
- Experience that is also data center centric e.g SDN (ACI), switching, routing, firewalling technologies.
- Azure, AWS and Alibaba experience required including deploying virtual security/network appliances.
- Very strong technical knowledge of enterprise networking solutions for very large environments including multi cloud integration concepts such as Express Route, Direct Connect etc.
- Very strong technical knowledge on routing protocols such as BGP, ISIS etc.
- Demonstrates self-motivation, leadership ability, strong team player who enjoys a fast-paced atmosphere
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects.
- Ability to learn very quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Scripting abiltiies and other IaC tools e.g Shell, Python, Chef, Puppet, Terraform plus others
- 5+ years in designing, supporting/troubleshooting and deploying network configurations.
Nice to Have Skills