About the Client
Our client is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cyber crime. Our client is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
About the Role
As a Cloud Manager you will have a seldom and exciting opportunity to unleash your creativity and work with a diverse and committed team to deliver services in the primary life insurance space. This role in the technology department will put you in the driving seat for leading and running operations with our cloud providers. You will report directly to the Head IT Operations.
- Define and improve public cloud strategy in close alignment with the technology team, the group as well as various business partners
- Understand offering of individual cloud providers, establish appropriate relationship with key personnel
- Run service delivery in particular ensure that external SLA are maintained and monitor cloud & service provider SLAs
- Work on ever evolving architecture of IptiQ cloud infrastructure spanning multiple geographical regions by designing and implementing requirements and improvements to our infrastructure running containerized applications, databases and other supporting services
- Articulate and implement cloud oversight methodology in orchestration with Information Security, Compliance, Legal and Risk Management to ensure that all cloud-related operational risks are within risk appetite, legal and regulatory constraints
- Orchestrate cross-domain activities in cloud risk management during the on-boarding of new distribution partners or major changes to the IT landscape
- Provide cover for roles in other teams
- You have a passion and self-motivation for building something new and take on meaningful business problems
- You think strategically and you are hands-on in solving problems
- You enjoy solving business problems and understand the trade-offs of the technical solutions
- You design and deliver complex public Cloud & IT infrastructure
- You have hands on experience with Amazon Web Services, DevOps and ITIL
- You are familiar with containerisation (OpenShift, Kubernetes), data streaming (Kafka) and deployment pipelines.
--You understand IT Security is a cloud context and in a regulated industry
- You are strong communicator able to effectively convey complex concepts
- You care about interpersonal communication, you enjoy collaborating in an international and dynamic environment
- You easily explain technical topics to a non-technical persons, you avoid jargon to ensure you are understood
- You are fluent in English and in another European language
- You obtained a university degree in IT or similar with excellent scores
Nice to Have Skills