About the Client
Our client is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime.
About the Role
For our client we are looking for AWS-based Cloud Engineer. You will be working as a member of the Technical Engineering / Cloud Operations team, which provide enterprise class cloud services used by the software delivery teams and other business users.
- Contribute to requirements gathering, architecture, design and implementation of enterprise class cloud services.
- Manage development of new cloud service components into service models for automatic provisioning.
- Accountable for verifying that cloud service models meet appropriate compliance and governance requirements.
- Assist with the development and enhancement of cloud services based on internal customer specifications and business needs.
- Plan and execute migrations from cloud-to-cloud infrastructure.
- Accountable for the development and maintenance of cloud service documentation.
- Participate in development sprints in a fast-paced Agile release environment, as required.
- Mentor and coach colleagues and seek opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Develop orchestration workflows to deploy, configure and update cloud services and related components within the cloud infrastructure.
- Design, development, testing, and deployment of monitoring, logging and remediation services.
- Design and develop features such as monitoring dashboards, custom metrics, log search pattern and alarms.
- Automate routine operational tasks or other maintenance actions.
Provide support for cloud services and workflows.
- AWS IaaS and PaaS services
- AWS networking VPC, load balancing, security groups
- Experience with infrastructure as Code and automation tools such as Cloud Formation and Terraform
- Experience with configuration management solutions such as Ansible, Salt
- Proficient in scripting language (Bash, Python)
- Good knowledge of Red Hat/CentOS and other Linux based operating systems
- Good knowledge of containers, Docker
- Working knowledge of VMware virtualization
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Extensive experience of networking concepts and network protocols including IP, TCP, UDP, HTTP, TLS
- Experience of network services including load balancing, routing, DMZs, and firewalls
- Experience of security concepts, technologies and tools
- Knowledge of database concepts, technologies and tools including cloud database services
- Familiarity with DevOps culture, methodologies and tools
- Familiarity with Agile development / deployment concepts, methodologies and tools
- Familiarity with CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Development) concepts, methodologies and tools
- Experience with and interest in open source software communities
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with OpenShift is highly beneficial