About the Client
Our client is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cyber crime. Our client is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
About the Role
As a Cloud Engineer will be working as a member of the Technical Engineering / Cloud Operations team. The team provide enterprise class cloud services which are used by the software delivery teams and other business users.
You will be working closely with our internal customers to ensure well architected cloud services are delivered that meet fast changing demands
- Contribute to requirements gathering, architecture, design and implementation of enterprise class cloud services.
- Manage development of new cloud service components into service models for automatic provisioning.
- Accountable for verifying that cloud service models meet appropriate compliance and governance requirements.
- Assist with the development and enhancement of cloud services based on internal customer specifications and business needs.
- Plan and execute migrations from cloud-to-cloud infrastructure.
- Accountable for the development and maintenance of cloud service documentation.
- Participate in development sprints in a fast-paced Agile release environment, as required.
- Mentor and coach colleagues and seek opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Develop orchestration workflows to deploy, configure and update cloud services and related components within the cloud infrastructure.
- Design, development, testing, and deployment of monitoring, logging and remediation services.
- Design and develop features such as monitoring dashboards, custom metrics, log search pattern and alarms.
- Automate routine operational tasks or other maintenance actions.
- Provide support for cloud services and workflows.
- AWS IaaS and PaaS services
- AWS networking VPC, load balancing, security groups
- Experience with infrastructure as Code and automation tools such as Cloud Formation and Terraform
- Experience with configuration management solutions such as Ansible, Salt
- Proficient in scripting language (Bash, Python)
- Good knowledge of Red Hat/CentOS and other Linux based operating systems
- Good knowledge of containers, Docker
- Working knowledge of VMware virtualization
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Extensive experience of networking concepts and network protocols including IP, TCP, UDP, HTTP, TLS
- Experience of network services including load balancing, routing, DMZs, and firewalls
- Experience of security concepts, technologies and tools
- Knowledge of database concepts, technologies and tools including cloud database services
- Familiarity with DevOps culture, methodologies and tools
- Familiarity with Agile development / deployment concepts, methodologies and tools
- Familiarity with CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Development) concepts, methodologies and tools
- Experience with and interest in open source software communities
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with OpenShift is highly beneficial