About the Client
Our client is one of the world’s leading providers of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from aging populations to cyber crime.
About the Role
We are looking for a creative self-starter to be part of this team with specific responsibility to deliver data management processes to ensure accurate, timely and business relevant reporting for business steering.
You will be part of team who manages all their life & health primary insurance portfolios across Europe. This team delivers the coordination, infrastructure and capabilities key to driving forward this new business. They are a dynamic, ambitious business unit who thrive on change and are passionate about high quality delivery to our customers and distribution partners.
They are establishing an Operations Services team within Bratislava which will support the Operations teams across Europe: Luxembourg based insurer with Branches in UK, Ireland, Germany, Netherlands, France. Team supports the delivery for these locations and other countries across Europe, currently Spain & Poland.
- provide technical leadership and best practices in the design, development and deployment of Cloud infrastructure for data management and analytics
- maintain and operate cloud infrastructure
- maintains cloud services and applications, creates procedure for implementing routine maintenance, troubleshooting the whole system
- install, configure, automate, and monitor various Cloud Services (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS)
- build automated deployments (new modules, updates, fixes) and identify improvement opportunities
- prepare modules for production
- collaborate with software developers, system operators and other IT staff members to manage code releases
- 2years+ of systems engineer experience working on large scale projects
- hands on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- expertise with DevOps/Automation tools including AWS CloudFormation
- experience with Cloud infrastructure (AWS CloudWatch , S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS)
- use of continuous integration tools (Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline, Bamboo)
- proficiency with a scripting tool such as python or related
Nice to Have Skills
- linux administration
- strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- system administration experience, willing to take on production support
- interest and ability to quickly and continuously learn new technologies
- english is business language and therefore essential
- some travel may be required