About the Client
Our client is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. The aim of the our client is to enable society to thrive and progress, creating new opportunities and solutions for its clients. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1863, the our client operates through a network of around 80 offices globally. It is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
About the Role
The Development Platform Services team delivers the "paved road" to developers via our centralized CI/CD platform. It is a cross functional team of 20 IT professionals, providing expert consultancy and support to address software development, high performance computational, infrastructure, platform or tooling issues to several thousand IT colleagues at Swiss Re. In addition, the team plays a leading role in engineering and promoting best practices as well as helping the DevOps transformation.
As CI/CD Engineer & Ambassador, you will design and engineer CI/CD pipelines in close collaboration with company´s customers. You will be the advocate and promoter of CI/CD approaches using the development tools and processes of our centralized CI/CD platform and our existing software development solutions (Atlassian, Microsoft and Open Source).
- Hands-on design and implementation of various CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps or Atlassian Bamboo supporting different target deployment platforms including public cloud (Azure, AWS, Ali Cloud) and private cloud environments
- Provide expert CI/CD support and consultancy to our software delivery teams across various units.
- Improve developer productivity and wellbeing in various technology stacks such as Java, .NET, Python, Go.
- Evangelize new technology trends, identify opportunities.
- Contribute to the extension and improvement of development platform services used for software development.
- Establish and adopt secure software development (DevSecOps)
Ideally, you started your career as a build engineer or software developer, gained exposure to the configuration and building of applications using various stacks such as Java/JEE, Spring/Spring-Boot, .NET or other enterprise technology. You possess good understanding of software configuration, delivery, security (DevSecOps) and you know the importance and necessity of a highly integrated development toolset that increases developer productivity as well as agility. You are an advocate of Agile, DevOps, Security and cloud native practices. You have a passion for modern software technology, developer productivity and the ever-evolving set of best practices in software delivery.
- Proven strong and deep practical expertise with building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines (.NET, Java, Go, Python, JS) and target platforms such as public cloud (Azure or AWS) or private cloud.
-Strong expertise with CI/CD solutions (Azure DevOps, Bamboo or Jenkins), version control (Git), artefact management (Artifactory), code quality (Sonar), artefact security (Nexus IQ, Aqua) and strong scripting capability (Bash, Python, PowerShell) are required.
- Solid practical experience with modern software development practices (Dev(Sec)Ops, CI, CD) and concepts / new IT landscape (Containers, Infrastructure as Code, Automated Deployments, Microservices, Cloud, Monitoring).
- You like to collaborate with an international team and can work independently.
- Analytical, conceptual, and problem resolution capabilities with strong communication and team work skills.
- Change embracing and forward thinking with strong "customer first" attitude with an emphasis on responsibility and ownership of customer requests.
Nice to Have Skills