About the Client
A Czech company, which develops and customizes own financial systems for 10 top world markets.
About the Role
For our client we are looking for a Chief technology officer which is unique role for the clientT, responsible for the strategic usage of technologies within the company with the focus to be innovative high-tech software house, where the IT solution for 10 countries where client is present, is driven from Czech Republic with 900 employees. With the aspects on the client´s customers on Asia market client needs to keep the technology line of it´s products with the higher velocity & rapidity of client´s competitors. With the senior technology geek, client would like to focus on the technology readiness to go to market faster and use the right technologies to have the competitive advantage.
The goal is to discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage and help client´s internal departments to use technologies profitably and with the best usage they can have on the market. The CTO will Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future business needs. Together with the strategic decisions, the Chief technology officer will be involved in the deep technology discussions with development divisions and their experts to help them identify the best solution for client, keep the software engineers motivated in their communities.
- Reducing the risk of technological breaches
- Responding to feedback from stakeholders and use it to make improvements or adjustments needed to our
- Developing the technical aspects of our company’s strategy technology
- Overseeing all system design and changes in system architecture
- Developing, tracking and control the development of annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing and operations
- Close cooperation with product management division to translate the technology roadmap & needs to be implemented
- Technical research of new areas to understand technology, cost and development timelines.
- Work across teams to build successful working relationships across multiple locations and team disciplines
- Mentor and motivator of SW engineer´s community to achieve productivity and engagement.
- Advocate openness, transparency and trust
Additionally, Chief Technology officer must be able to communicate across client´s entities -- including technology experts & local business experts -- to ensure the technology stack successfully moves from its conception, onto development and business understanding.
Optimal (digital) customer experience is only achieved with state-of-the-art solutions, that are characterized by high-quality & secure solution & technology. As a leader you understand that you play an important role in delivering these solutions. Not by creating them yourself, but by being a leader to the professionals who build and maintain the solutions because you know people make the difference.
In this role you inspire and challenge the professionals around you, motivating them towards higher levels of autonomy and professional mastery. Together with other Management roles it is your ambition to deliver best in class solutions that contribute to optimal customer experience! Improve, learn, collaborate, mentor and facilitate are the keywords that drive your daily activities.
- High school, recommended University degree
- At least 20+ years’ experience in software engineering, building highly complex SW systems and scalable products delivered on time and in high quality.
- Passion to oversee new technologies on the market
- Extensive experience in role with responsibility for implementation of new technologies, product design and architecture to demonstrate consistent achievement of positive customer outcomes.
- Experience & ability to manage stakeholders at Executive level.
- Fast learner to be able to see bigger picture, but deep dive into technical details as required.
- Stable personality, stress resistant
- Entrepreneurial mindset & the will / mindset to make continuous improvements
- Outstanding team communication skills, confident in dealing with internal and external clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Organizational impediment remover
- Shepherd / guide
Nice to Have Skills