About the Client
One of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer.
About the Role
The Cloud and Connectivity Service Procurement team is globally accountable for end-to-end sourcing activities and development of company´s sourcing strategy for its respective categories of spend. This team, along with its business partners and through established Procurement networks, implements this strategy to deliver value, improve quality, optimize cost and mitigate risk in the supply chain. Cloud and Connectivity Service account for more than $105m in annual spend and are the primary categories handled by this team.
The Category Manager Cloud and Connectivity Services plans and leads global Cloud and Connectivity Services initiatives cross-divisionally. Our new colleague will be developing assigned sub-categories strategies as part of the wider Category Strategy team, proactively leads sourcing projects, specification definition and demand management, as well as lead specific supplier performance and innovation activities. Taking the ownership for Cloud and Connectivity Services, the Category Manager Cloud and Connectivity Services is recognized as the lead for advisory to our business partners within the department across company.
If you are a responsible person who takes ownership of your own career, performance and development and who would like to be supporting the bottom-up aggregation of all related data across divisions and countries and advising the top-down target setting process, reconciling the "gaps" between bottom-up and top-down targets and identifying initiatives required to close any such disparities just continue reading.
- Accountable for delivering annual department financial targets
- Responsible for the overall delivery of KPI and Balanced Scorecard targets
- Responsible for consolidating, sharing and effective collaboration of Vendor, market, category and internal business data and information to develop the Cloud and Connectivity Services strategy
- Responsible for supervising compliance as well as implementing Targeted Standard on Global Procurement and the associated Buying Guidance and Vendor Management Guidance
- Accountable for implementation and communication of the final Cloud and Connectivity Services Strategy and Annual Cloud and Connectivity Services Plans to relevant business partners
- Accountable for execution and application of vendor management in the Cloud and Connectivity Services aligned to the Vendor Relationship Management Framework and Global Procurement Services and Process Landscape
- Liable for developing quality processes to allow for efficient service delivery that meets or even exceeds business partner requirements
- Responsible for developing the Cloud and Connectivity Services network while ensuring effective collaboration within Global Procurement
- Accountable for ensuring the resources, information and tools are in place for project execution throughout the Cloud and Connectivity Services, providing project management and implementation support where required
- Accountable for the creation, application, completion, reviewing of major contracts for the Cloud and Connectivity Services and responsible for providing input into the development of appropriate Playbook.
Additionally our new colleague will be responsible for handling relationships with key business partners and accountable to ensure continual improvement is a key within the team – actively participating in CI initiatives, engage team members in CI improvements
- Bachelor’s degree required at a minimum; in fields such as business administration, finance, law or a scientific or technical field. Strong preference for CIPS or similar professional qualification .
- Ideally, our new colleague should have 10) years of Sourcing/Procurement experience in the insurance, re-insurance or financial services industry. Candidate will show strength in implementing pragmatic solutions in collaboration with the business to advance business priorities. Candidate will be required to communicate effectively with Business partners and external suppliers. Candidate shall demonstrate behaviors consistent with company´s leadership imperatives with a focus on driving sustainable performance and continuous improvement.
- Excellent English, other language desirable.
Nice to Have Skills