About the Client
Our leading is one of the leading providers of telecommunication and IT services in the Czech republic and worldwide.
About the Role
Big Data department, is looking for a junior colleague who would operate, maintain, install and upgrade client tools on two Cloudera Hadoop Linux based systems. Both of systems exist already for some time, but we need somebody who will be responsible for keeping tools running. Both systems run on Oracle Linux, so unix/bash experience is a lot needed, together with English language. The rest regarding the specifics of tools and Big Data/Hadoop world, client will explain and teach you.
- Operations + monitoring (making sure everything is running),
- Installing, configuring and upgrading our current tools stack,
- General Linux administration,
- Communication with 1st and 2nd level support in Košice (creating incident or request tickets),
- Pro-active communication within the agile team in Prague in case of issues,
- Willingness to learn new things,
- Be responsible and independent in what you are doing,
- Willingness to travel (few times a year max).
- Junior level expertise in unix/bash,
- English (writing and communication level),
Nice to Have Skills
-Experience with Cloudera Hadoop or with any other tool listed below is beneficial.