About the Client
Our client is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime.
About the Role
You are an experienced BI developer with a great passion to work on a global development team to develop and support our centralized reporting hub. For this position, we invite people who are proactive, technically-savvy individuals with great communication and problem solving skills. You will work along with Business Analysts to develop and deploy technical solutions to support multiple business teams.
- Generate business insights using smart BI/Reporting solutions with the goal of providing the end users with data analytics and information to answer business problems in financial markets
- Develop business solutions to exploit analytics and by this drive innovation in alignment with business priorities and key targets
- Drive product and service improvements to enhance business value and service quality according to business needs and industry standard methodologies
- Initiate, lead and drive data warehouse and/or BI reporting projects from inception to completion with minimal guidance.
- Build up consistent relationship with key business and IT partners to become a trusted partner for the field of BI reporting and database design.
- Apply data reporting and visualization experience to build data products that streamline the process from data collection to insight generation.
- Develop new data infrastructure tooling approaches to generate business insight in order to address unanswered business challenges in a dedicated way.
- Validate, interpret and present smart BI solutions to both an expert and non- expert audience.
- Contribute in an agile team of BI developers and database experts to various Asset Management business challenges (i.e., business projects as well as ad-hoc analyses).
- Ensure further development of Swiss Re's BI Reporting and database design and tooling capabilities in interplay with system engineers, solution architects and internal business experts.
- Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Deployment and maintenance of Business Intelligence applications in BI/Reporting solutions like BOXI and Tableau.
- Working knowledge (around 3 years) of industry standard Data Infrastructure tools (e.g. Warehouse, Analytics etc.) with the goal of providing end users with analytics
- Strong analytical & conceptual skills to understand key business needs and design tailored solutions to pursue specific business problems
- Ability to communicate complex analysis results in a clear, detailed and actionable way
- Confirmed track-record in implementing business solutions in the area of Warehouse, BI, Analytics and information visualization.
- Knowledge of database design techniques and advanced SQL skills
- Expertise in relational databases/SQL & hands on experience in solving SQL queries.
- Eager to try out new technologies
- Excellent verbal and written English skills, ideally multi-lingual
- Familiarity with financial products would be a plus (OTC and listed derivatives, equities, bonds)
- Understanding of financial product data models (transactions, positions, security master)
Nice to Have Skills
- Understanding of DAX Query language
- Knowledge of Microsoft BI technology (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS).
- Working knowledge of various development methodologies (Agile, Scrum etc.)