About the Client
Our client is providing international courier, parcel, and express mail services. It is the world's largest logistics company operating around the world.
About the Role
The role will be a part of the enterprise BI development team and will be in charge of architecting, managing and running advanced analytics data platform with the setup of an organisation-wide visual analytics.
This is a highly dynamic position that requires a great degree of flexibility, analytic agility, and the ability to rapidly adapt to changing business requirements/needs, new technologies, and data sources.
This role requires close integration and partnership with the Business Data Analytics team and requires business acumen in order to output the best technical solutions.
• Implement data warehousing solutions using Snowflake that meet business requirements including requirements understanding (not gathering), data analysis and design, data extraction, transformation and loading of data and the design and development of effective user interfaces
• Design, build, launch and maintain efficient and reliable large-scale batch and near real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks
• Set up user security and access rights (requires knowledge of active directory)
• Perform data backup and system security operations
• Monitor and track usage of data and resources
• Monitor performance and perform optimization
• Perform data acquisition exploration: sourcing data of different formats, cross-referencing, assessing quality, profiling, and escalating needs for data cleaning
• Work together with internal IT teams to ensure efficient and secure data sourcing
• Work together with external vendors to ensure delivery per business requirements
• Ship high-quality solutions with a sense of urgency and speed
• Maintain code version control and documentation
• Proficient in SQL, Python.
• Expertise in Snowflake DB; experience with Teradata is highly preferable
• Strong ETL/ELT proficiency using GUI-based tools or code-based patterns: Matillion / Talend / Informatica / SSIS
• Experience with cloud storage, hosting, and compute environments (Azure is a plus)
• Experience with Tableau and Power BI data visualization tools; Tableau Administrator certification is a plus
• Understanding of Agile methodology and DevOps
• Proven capabilities to build and maintain large and complex data sets
• Good knowledge of at least one of the functional areas: customer relationships and sales, supply chain, e-com, freight forwarding/express/logistics operations, any service operations
Nice to Have Skills