About the Client
Our client is the Central European betting operator. Originally a Czech firm, it has grown into a holding company over time, and it now operates not only at Czech Republic, but also in Slovakia, Poland, Romania and Croatia.
About the Role
Senior QA Engineer will be responsible for manual and technical testing of a new event processing system.
The candidate should be able to take complete ownership of quality on a project or system, analyze risks and execute a full spectrum of tests with primary focus on backends. We will appreciate a flexible person with a strong testing and technical background that is able to work independently in a dynamic environment with frequent changes.
· Test analysis and test case preparation on a project developing a brand new event processing system dealing with odds feeds from external vendors.
· Plan, schedule and perform manual tests primarily on backends.
· Test APIs (REST, SOAP) and database changes
· Identify options for test automation and help with design od automation-ready test cases.
· Actively participate on planning and testing in an Agile Scrum team and act as an advocate for quality therein.
· Regularly communicate with business owners and developers.
· Drive process, technical, and operational improvements.
· 2+ years in software testing
· Advanced test analysis skills
· Experience with technical testing of APIs (SOAP, REST, messaging brokers)
· Knowledge of SQL and databases
· Experience with Windows, Linux and Unix
· Advanced English - written and spoken
· Advanced Czech - written and spoken
Test automation team, other testers, developers, product owners, business analysts, project managers
Nice to Have Skills
· Experience with Agile development and testing
· Experience with NoSQL databases (Ignite, MongoDB, Elastic)
· Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts
· Knowledge of shell scripting
· Experience with test automation
· Knowledge of Java or another object-oriented language
· Knowledge of Cucumber BDD