About the Client
Our client is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. The aim of the our client is to enable society to thrive and progress, creating new opportunities and solutions for its clients. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1863, the our client operates through a network of around 80 offices globally. It is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
About the Role
The AWS Infrastructure Solutions Architect provides both leadership and subject matter expertise to and Development teams who are building cloud-native applications. The architect leads in the design, building, evaluation, and prototyping of the cloud-native components, providing proactive guidance and mentoring when needed. The architect also supports establishing the software engineering standards and capturing of implementation patterns across the enterprise.
- Support the development and maintenance of the infrastructure portfolio roadmap and backlog
- Develop solution prototypes to demonstrate suitability and interoperability of chosen components, and to establish patterns for adoption by development team members
- In the context of solution prototypes, write high-quality, efficient code in without guidance
- Provide ongoing guidance and coaching to development team members
- Provide AWS cloud-native subject-matter expertise to developers
- Conduct code reviews and feedback on implementation patterns
- Capture implementation patterns into development standards and architecture best practices, as needed
AWS services and tools that you will need hands-on experience with to use in day-to-day activities related to research and development include:
- Containerization (AWS EKS and Fargate)
- Terraform, and good to have with CloudFormation Templates
- Developer Tools (such as Ansible, GitLab, Jenkins)
- CloudWatch and CloudTrail
- Parameter Store
- The full-range of AWS infrastructure components (including VPCs, Route53, APIGateway, Application Load Balancers, Security Groups)
- Python, Bash, Java, Node Js
The ideal candidate must have 5 years of progressive experience in software development projects. Due to the technical nature of this position, the candidate will need demonstrated experience in modern programming and scripting languages that will be leveraged to complete research & development, proofs of concept, and development of architecture patterns in a complex system integration environment.
- Public Cloud Certification (AWS) desired. This should include foundational background coding in modern programming languages.
- Proven experience designing distributed, failure-resistant Application architectures using Public Cloud PaaS services including Kubernetes, Machine Learning/AI, Database as Service, Serverless
- Detailed knowledge of Cloud integration patterns and technologies including - REST-based APIs, Asynchronous and Synchronous messaging
- Understanding of Cloud Security. Network concepts and tenant isolation (AWS VPC), Private endpoints, BYOK encryption at rest, Modern Identity and Access Management (SAML, OAuth, OIDC)
- Equivalent work experience with DevSecOps technologies. Also including – CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins GitLab), software repos (e.g. Git), Infrastructure as Code Automation templates (e.g. Terraform, Cloud Formation), scripting and configuration management tools (JSON, YAML, Helm)
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment
Nice to Have Skills