About the Client
Our client one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. They anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
About the Role
The Digital & Smart Analytics Services unit supports company's business functions in developing state of the art technology solutions using advanced analytics techniques applied to both structured and unstructured data for their business and strategic initiatives (e.g. Solution Groups, Product Development). It is a global team of highly skilled engineers and data scientists specialised in data & text mining and visual analytics. This is an excellent opportunity to work with and help shape one of the industry leading analytical platforms, broaden your knowledge in the area of distributed computing, access concepts, infrastructure and large IT solution operations.
As a Stargate Application Owner, you will contribute to the architecture, design and development of various integrations for the Stargate analytics platform, mainly:
- Manage platform availability, monitor the infrastructure and performance of the solution
- Maintain the architecture for the infrastructure integration between Stargate and other IT systems
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Stargate internal clients, stakeholders and power-user communities in the business
- Constantly identify areas of further automation, and lead the implementation of improvements
- Work with the platform vendor on platform enhancements and the feature introduction lifecycle
- Consult, educate & evangelize best practices and patterns with business users
- Oversee and coordinate support issues and document relevant topics in Knowledge Base
- Manage the platform access model and operations
- Monitor and report on platform-wide usage measures
- You have a strong understanding data centered processing and computing technologies
- An IT professional with fundamental as well as practical experience with databases, Linux administration, networking and security.
- Previous experience as an application manager or infrastructure specialist
- Excellent technical writing skills, you can distill complex technical issues into small, clear nuggets of information, and are capable of effectively communicating with vendors' support specialists.
- Practical experience with developing data intensive processes on distributed systems.
- Understanding of the complex relationships between in-house and cloud-based application components, including authentication, authorization, encryption and performance
- SQL, Java, Python, Spark, Linux, DEVops
- Security concepts
- Networking integration concepts
- Very good English skills and a mature communication style is necessary
Nice to Have Skills