About the Client
Our client is one of company that delivers integrated information and technology solutions to drive healthcare forward. With a global team of 50,000, they harness insights, commercial and scientific depth, and executional expertise to empower clients to achieve some of their most important goals: Improving clinical, scientific and commercial results. Realizing the full potential of innovations. And, ultimately, driving healthcare forward.
About the Role
The AI Software Engineer will help building the next generation of smart machine in the healthcare domain. You’ll be part of a team of 30 to 40 team members working exclusively on AI projects. This provides an opportunity to get in on the ground floor level of something new and exciting for an industry working with the latest and greatest technologies.
- Apply advanced machine learning, deep learning and NLP/NLU techniques to build cutting edge AI applications
- Write production-ready code in Python, applying coding and OOP best practices
- Develop and deliver software using Python and various AI related libraries, applying the corporate SDLC and support continuous integration and continuous deployment of the micro-services. Use containerization, orchestration, DevOps for faster delivery and easier maintenance
- Research and develop new techniques, looking at state-of-the-art literature, discover and implement adapted solutions for each particular problem
- Define and implement evaluation strategies for each required functionality, demonstrate applicability and performance of the delivered application, and communicate clearly on its limits
- Work in team. Present your plans, ideas and deliverables.
- Excellent programming skills in Python
- Experience in at least 2 of the following areas:
o Data wrangling with hands on experience of Pandas, NumPy and SciPy libraries.
o Machine Learning - deep learning, online learning, transfer learning, reinforcement learning, structured/unstructured learning with hands on experience of Tensorflow, PyTorch or SciKit-Learn.
o Natural language processing, understanding and/or generation (topic modelling, word embeddings, Semantic Ontology etc.) Practical experience with NLTK or Gensim or Spacy libraries. Experience with OpenNLP and/or StanfordNLP.
o OCR and document processing, data extraction
o Computer vision and image processing
- Research and innovation skills and ability to solve non trivial problems by applying combinations of AI, algorithmic and programmatic techniques
- Scientific approach, with the ability to propose pragmatical, robust and reliable ways to evaluate deliverables and interpret results
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills. Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing dynamic team in a highly visible role.
Nice to Have Skills
- Prior experience working with micro-services architecture and good command of RabbitMQ or other message brokers is an advantage.
- Prior experience working with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.